When Bieber first came out and all the young girls were all OMG about him, I wasn't impressed. To be honest, I thought his name was Beaver and I giggled every time they said his name. My girl Marti said it best when she proclaimed "what's a Bieber" when her kids begged "we want Bieber!"
But I'll admit to owning a few of his songs, because they're catchy as hell, and have come in handy when making playlists for younger folks who adore him.
So here's the deal. I don't hate the new song. I KNOW. Every fiber of my being tells me I should hate it, and yet I don't. Let me tell you why.
- It's catchy whether you're willing to admit that or not
- It's easy to sing along to in the car (when you think no one can hear you)
- I like mixed music genres like alt rock and hip hop together; it keeps things fresh
- I like when artists try new sounds because it shows they're comfortable with their abilities and willing to put themselves out there
- Did I mention how catchy it is?
- It sounds like Baby Timberlake
- You don't fuck with Timberlake